One Pot Pasta:
When you’ve been running around after your little one all day the idea of tackling dinner seems exhausting. It’s usually the last thing I want to do! This recipe is perfect to make on those busy days when all you want to do is throw a few things together and be done. What’s great is, not only is this meal quick and easy, it’s also really tasty as well.
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 10 min
12 oz. Linguine
1 Yellow Onion, thinly sliced
12 oz. of Cherry Tomatoes, halved
4 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced
1 Small Red Chili, thinly sliced
2 Big bunches of Basil
A few Parmesan Cheese Rinds (I usually save them as I use the cheese to use for this recipe)
Handful of Grated Parmesan Cheese
3 Tbs of Olive Oil
1/4 Tsp Freshly Cracked Pepper
2 Tsp Salt
4 1/2 Cups of Water (Substitute with chicken stock)
- In a large skillet place the linguine in the center and on either side of it make two piles of tomatoes, onion, Parmesan rinds, garlic and chili. Break up the basil leaves and place them all around the pot.
- Drizzle the olive oil on top of the entire thing and add the salt and pepper.
- Finally, pour in the water and turn the heat up to high, we want the water to boil.
- Let it cook for 10 minutes watching it carefully and stirring occasionally.
- 10 minutes later you’re done. Add some freshly cracked pepper on top and grate some cheese over the pasta and you’re ready to enjoy it!